[Development] Embedded (Linux) specific features

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sat Feb 15 21:05:26 CET 2014

Hi,

I wrote some C++ classes 1.5-2 years ago for some of the following features:

* GPIO
* Eeprom
* Power management
* LED
* Hardware Monitoring
* DMA
* Real Time Clock
* I2C
* SPI
* etc.

Out of curiosity: is there anyone working on such classes in Qt? Would
such features be welcome in Qt in general? If not, why not, if yes,
where would they fit into the overall architecture?

It is not necessarily embedded Linux specific, but at least embedded.
They might be useful on QNX, etc, but I cannot be sure. I would have a
hard time suggesting place like QtEmbeddedExtras or so. I have no
clear idea at this point.

These are generic features, and I only thought about bringing this
topic up because I see customers and hobbyists reimplementing the
same, e.g. for the raspberry pi.

Apologies if there are no interest at all for this.

Cheers, L.