[Development] HEADS UP: merge stable into release and dev into stable

Heikkinen Jani Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Mon Feb 17 08:16:12 CET 2014

Hi all,

It seems we cannot start merge from dev branch to stable at the moment because there is still some issues to be solved before that:

1.      There seems to be compilation break in dev branch, see  https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,78283. That needs to be solved first

2.      There is still some merges ongoing from stable to dev branch

*        https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,77965

*        https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,77972

*        https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,77977

*        https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,77258

3.      Adding qtwebsockets as a submodule is still ongoing, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,76844

4.      Merge from stable to release needs to be done before merge from dev to stable. According to my understanding there isn't any blockers to do merge from stable to release. That will be started soon...

There seems to be also lots of not integrated changes in dev branch at the moment but feature freeze date is gone and so on features for 5.3 should be "locked". Finalizing new features & 5.3 release continues in stable branch after the merge so let's put all effort to fix those remaining merge blockers to be able to do the merge as soon as possible.

Br,
Jani