[Development] HEADS UP: merge stable into release and dev into stable

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at digia.com
Mon Feb 17 13:01:05 CET 2014

On Monday 17. February 2014 07.16.12 Heikkinen Jani wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It seems we cannot start merge from dev branch to stable at the moment
> because there is still some issues to be solved before that:
>
> 1.      There seems to be compilation break in dev branch, see
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,78283. That needs to be solved
> first

This is solved now :)

> 2.      There is still some merges ongoing from stable to dev branch
>
> *        https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,77965
>
> *        https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,77972
>
> *        https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,77977
>
> *        https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,77258
>
> 3.      Adding qtwebsockets as a submodule is still ongoing, see
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,76844

For the sake of coordination, with regards to qtdeclarative:

* I have a merge from stable to dev prepared that resolves the conflicts. After
that you should be able to do the final merge yourself (should be a fast-
forward if any)

* However at the same time we have two big pending changes, currently
targetted for dev, that we've been trying to integrate over the weekend:
  * QtQuickWidget
  * Support for GL switching (Dynamic GL patch)

So we have three patches that need to go in: The merge, the QtQuickWidget
changes and the dynamic GL changes. I suggest we try QtQuickWidget and
Laszlo's GL changes first, and when those are in, then I'll try to stage the
merge.

If anyone else has other changes for qtdeclarative, please consider holding
back and consider re-targetting to stable after the project branch or speak up
:). Staging of unrelated changes will just slow down the process.

Otherwise, let's also coordinate in #qt-labs.

Simon