[Development] Shameful Support of Server/Client DataBase in Qt

Sarkawt Amedi sarkawtim at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 14:57:46 CET 2014

so far I have developed three wonderful non-database-applications with Qt.
Without courtesy Qt is the only framework able to deliver nearly a full
cross-platform, but recently I decided to play with database using Qt as I
never did that previously and I found that Qt is weak regarding
server/client database development in the following ways:

1- tools
2- controls/components
3- DBMS parameters support
4- database modules update
5- database bugs fixing is poor

I need some good, compelling reasons and real information regarding
server/client database development, I want to know why this field is
somehow ignored in Qt and has no real attention towards it although it has
a huge market on the planet!

The big title of lacking is DBMS features that has to be added.

Kind Regards