[Development] New Features in Qt-5.3

Wolfgang Baron wolfgang.baron at gmx.net
Thu Feb 27 12:11:39 CET 2014

On Wed, 26 Feb 2014 07:40:31 -0800, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> Em qua 26 fev 2014, ?s 12:18:41, Kevin Krammer escreveu:
> > On Tuesday, 2014-02-25, 09:00:21, Wolfgang Baron wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I read somewhere, that there are plans for a pure-Qt QtDBus (not using
> > > dbus-1) implementation in Qt-5.3, which would run on all platforms
> > > (including mswindows).
> >
> > QtDBus already works on Windows.
> > As far as I know it is just not built by default.
>
> That is true.

I know it works, I have been using it for years now. Having to compile my own Qt binaries all the time is just very annoying, so I am looking forward to a compiled QtDBus in the official Windows binaries.

> And one of the reasons why it isn't built by default is the lack
> of libdbus-1 headers on Windows systems. Once we no longer depend on
> libdbus-1, QtDBus will be enabled by default on all platforms.

I don't understand the problem. The freedesktop.org headers work nicely. Their license should not be the problem either. You could leave compiling the dbus binaries to the customer (it's a breeze). Are there any other reasons?

Kind regards,

Wolfgang Baron