[Development] New Features in Qt-5.3

Roland Winklmeier roland.m.winklmeier at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 12:32:36 CET 2014

> On Wed, 26 Feb 2014 07:40:31 -0800, Thiago Macieira <
> thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> using
> > >
> > > QtDBus already works on Windows.
> > > As far as I know it is just not built by default.
> >
> > That is true.
>
> I know it works, I have been using it for years now. Having to compile my
> own Qt binaries all the time is just very annoying, so I am looking forward
> to a compiled QtDBus in the official Windows binaries.
>
> > And one of the reasons why it isn't built by default is the lack
> > of libdbus-1 headers on Windows systems. Once we no longer depend on
> > libdbus-1, QtDBus will be enabled by default on all platforms.
>
> I don't understand the problem. The freedesktop.org headers work nicely.
> Their license should not be the problem either. You could leave compiling
> the dbus binaries to the customer (it's a breeze). Are there any other
> reasons?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Wolfgang Baron

+1 for shipping QtDBus with Windows binaries. As far as I know, OSX has the
same problem. It does not have DBus headers/binaries installed by default,
so you have to take of them yourselves. Currently QtDBus is not shipped in
OSX installers either, but it got requested for the next release. So why
not doing the same for windows?