[Development] The Dynamic OpenGL on Windows Change

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Fri Feb 28 14:37:36 CET 2014

Hi Laszlo,

On Friday 28 February 2014 13:27:40 Agocs Laszlo wrote:
> It is most likely better to postpone this whole feature, especially since it
> is not really user visible anyhow, and instead try mitigating the pain
> using some less intrusive methods for the time being, agreed. I am
> currently preparing a revert commit.

Thank you. Sorry this means it gets reverted for now. I think we all agree
that having the common ES2 / desktop 2 subset magically work everywhere on
Windows is a good thing but that we need to be careful about how we do it.

Peppe just came up with another option which would be to move the "magic" stuff
into a new C-only, BSD licensed library that we could perhaps share with the
likes of Mozilla to implement the decision making for desktop vs ES based upon
theirs and ours combined experiences.

> As for the role of qtbase and QtGui, I am afraid we will continue to
> disagree but perhaps that's fine. One cannot agree on everything. :)

Indeed. Life would be very boring then! For now we have to argue for what our
customers are telling us which is that Qt Quick 2 is a very important piece of
the puzzle but that it is by no means the only piece.

Have a good weekend,

Sean
--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK