[Development] Removing QT_NO_DEBUG_STREAM?

Konstantin Ritt ritt.ks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 18:43:45 CET 2014

I don't like the idea of removing QT_NO_DEBUG_STREAM. Even if Qt itself
doesn't build with it (which is fixable), one might define it globally
after it built, to avoid building an unnecessary code in his/3rd-party
modules.

We already have

#define qDebug QMessageLogger(__FILE__, __LINE__, Q_FUNC_INFO).debug

Can not we simply

#define qCDebug qDebug

and add a respective overloads to QMessageLogger:

void debug(const QLoggingCategory &category, const char *msg, ...) const;
QDebug debug(onst QLoggingCategory &category) const;

to make both `qCDebug(CATEGORY, "blah")` and `qCDebug(CATEGORY) << "blah"`
work ?

Regards,
Konstantin