[Development] Removing QT_NO_DEBUG_STREAM?

David Faure david.faure at kdab.com
Mon Jan 6 19:39:34 CET 2014

On Monday 06 January 2014 19:43:45 Konstantin Ritt wrote:
> I don't like the idea of removing QT_NO_DEBUG_STREAM. Even if Qt itself
> doesn't build with it (which is fixable), one might define it globally
> after it built, to avoid building an unnecessary code in his/3rd-party
> modules.

You don't gain anything by defining it in your app, compared to just not
calling qDebug.

This isn't the intended usage of QT_NO_* - this was about reducing the size of
Qt.

But yeah at this point QT_NO_DEBUG_STREAM should just be removed, the
maintainance pain is not worth it.

--
David Faure | david.faure at kdab.com | Managing Director KDAB France
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090