[Development] Fwd: Qt 5.3 Feature freeze is coming quite soon...

Konstantin Ritt ritt.ks at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 01:18:15 CET 2014

After a brief review, I have a strong feeling that QWebSocket doesn't fit
QtNetwork at all.

The main reason I see is that that QWebSocket isn't really a Q*Socket in
 QtNetwork sense, it is actually a protocol.
And just to continue:
a) it doesn't derive from QAbstractSocket (and thus can not be treated as
sequential IO device);
b) it doesn't support instantiation from the socket descriptor;
c) it's read/write methods are quite ambiguous (i.e. think about
websocket->write("message or data, guess what"); ) - in my opinion, there
must be no "const char*" overloads at all. (Also note that WebSocket QML
extension doesn't support data frames in it's API).

 If it would make some usefulness to QNAM, QWebSocket could probably go to
QtNetwork module (I'd prefer a better name then, anyways). Can not imagine
QWebSocketServer in Qt itself.
+1 for add-on.

Regards,
Konstantin