[Development] Remove OSX 10.6 Build?

Tor Arne Vestbø tor.arne.vestbo at digia.com
Tue Jan 21 13:18:32 CET 2014

On 20/01/14 21:21 , deDietrich Gabriel wrote:

[snip]

> I only work on my little things, and 10.6 is a burden for me. So, you
> who work out there, that see people using Qt 5 apps, tell me, is it
> worth it?

I'm 100% with Gabriel here.

- The 20% marked share doesn't mean anything without details about how
it relates to Qt end user deployments.

- Even if all those 20% are running Qt based applications, we're still
limited by the resources we have developing Qt. If given the choice
between 10.6 continued support and excellent 10.9 support, I'd assume
(hope) our customers would prefer the latter.

My vote would be for dropping 10.6 support ASAP, meaning 5.4.

tor arne