[Development] Remove OSX 10.6 Build?

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at digia.com
Tue Jan 21 15:15:40 CET 2014

On 20 Jan 2014, at 21:21, deDietrich Gabriel <Gabriel.deDietrich at digia.com> wrote:
> The truth is, market share doesn’t mean anything. Point in case: According to the link above, OS X is less than 8% of the total market share. Should we then drop the Mac port completely?

Good question! Possible arguments for not discontinuing the Mac port:

- The holistic view. The single platform is not that important, but as a part of a comprehensive platform support package it becomes valuable.
- The 8% OS X users represent a group we want to target.
- We can use the Mac port to make Qt better. Case in point the high-dpi support developed for OS X can be used on Wayland as well.

Morten