[Development] Remove OSX 10.6 Build?

Tor Arne Vestbø tor.arne.vestbo at digia.com
Tue Jan 21 14:56:50 CET 2014

On 21/01/14 13:36 , Sorvig Morten wrote:
> I realize that if I’m the only one who want’s to keep supporting 10.6
> then that’s not going to work. The most important thing to me is to
> have a somewhat predictable deprecation plan. For example (and at the
> risk of making this example “the plan”):
>
> 5.3 - Remove support from binary packages. 5.4 - 10.6 support is
> deprecated. 5.5? - Remove support.

5.3:

  - Remove support from binary packages
  - No CI
  = In practice, deprecated, so let's be explicit about it for 5.3

5.4

  - Bump the dev branch to 5.4
  - Remove 10.6 code as see fit
  - Apply 10.6 fixes to 5.3.x (stable) as normal

The message is "Qt 5.3 deprecates 10.6 support (but is available for
source builds for the lifetime of 5.3), and 5.4 will remove it."

tor arne