[Development] Use QtWebChannel to publish QObjects on Addresses other

Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com
Thu Jul 3 15:27:32 CEST 2014

On Thursday 03 July 2014 15:01:25 Lutz Schönemann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd love to see that it's possible for the user to set the listen
> address for the websockets (as well as the listening port) when creating
> a new QWebSocketTransport object.
> We at basysKom already had the requirement that we needed to publish an
> interface to different clients running different type of frontends (QML,
> HTML5, ..). That will not work if QWebSocketTransport only listens on
> "127.0.0.1". I already created a change in gerrit:
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/89051
> I would appreciate if you'd have a look at it and tell me what you think
> about it.

Hey Lutz,

cool to see others starting to use the QWebChannel :)

Sadly, you arrive at a bad point in time, as the QWebChannel code is currently
quite a bit in flux. But today, all big changes got approved, so now it's just
a matter of time to get them through CI and integrated properly.

Once that is done, your change above is not required anymore, as I told you
there already.

Please stay tuned until the changes landed, and/or manually cherry pick the
open changes [1] into your local checkout and start using the stuff now. I'm
currently working on proper QtWebKit integration, and once that has landed no
QtWebSockets will be required for the "normal" usecase.

Feel free to join #qtwebengine, where most of the discussion around
QtWebChannel takes place.

[1]: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/qwebchannel+status:open,n,z

Bye
--
Qt Developer Days 2014 - October 6 - 8 at BCC, Berlin

Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel. Germany +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090