[Development] task based programming in Qt/C++ using continuation and modern C++

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Jul 10 14:17:49 CEST 2014

On Wednesday 09 July 2014 21:02:32 .. ink .. wrote:
> greetings and hope its acceptable to post what i am about to post here and
> apologies if it is not.
>
> Through my usage of Qt/C++, i came about a nicer way to run a simple tasks
> asynchronously while
> living within Qt and i decided to share it with the world through my github
> account here[1].
>
> Just though i should post it here in a hope that this kind of API will find
> its way to Qt's official API.
>
> The "old" way of deriving from Qthread and manually setting up
> signals/slots works but not always ideal
> for simple tasks as it involves a lot of manually setting this up.

Please take a look at the KDE ThreadWeaver Framework, which you can easily use
in any Qt5 application without any other dependencies. It is a proven
technology which supports job/task-based parallel programming with many
features.

http://kde.org/announcements/kde-frameworks-5.0.php
http://api.kde.org/frameworks-api/frameworks5-apidocs/threadweaver/html/index.html

Bye