[Development] Setup QT creator for developing QT apps on wandboard-Error

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gna.org
Tue Jul 29 07:33:26 CEST 2014

On 29/07/2014 4:46 p.m., Nilesh Kokane wrote:

> Hello ,
>

> referring to
> http://wiki.wandboard.org/index.php/Setup_QT_creator_for_developing_QT_apps_on_wandboard#Build_and_Deploy_application_in_QT_Creator

[...]
> 2)The second error is that even a simple default Qt console app program
> is generating the ld error as follows.But native compiled version gives
> a success.

[...]
> make: *** [untitled6] Error 1
> 17:40:35: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
> Error while building/deploying project untitled6 (kit: i.mx6)
> When executing step 'Make'
> 17:40:35: Elapsed time: 00:01.

You might be better off pointing your linker to your sysroot instead of
the Yocto managed Qt build directory, aren't all your libs inside your
sysroot? You can check for that with this command:
$ find
/home/minda/bin/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/sysroots/wandboard-solo
-name libicui18n.so.51 -o -name libz.so.1

What I don't understand in your case, is why the documentation tells you
that you need meta-qt5 on one hand, and then tells you to manually
cross-compile Qt5 just to setup QtCreator? According to your logs, you
seem to use the yocto one anyway.

What does this command gives?
$ sh -x ./qtcreator.sh

Maybe you still have a typo somewhere in your script.

Have you tried the "bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5" command?

Chris