[Development] Setup QT creator for developing QT apps on wandboard-Error

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com
Tue Jul 29 10:31:33 CEST 2014

On Tuesday, 29 July, 2014 17:33:26 Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> On 29/07/2014 4:46 p.m., Nilesh Kokane wrote:
> > Hello ,
> >

> > referring to
> > http://wiki.wandboard.org/index.php/Setup_QT_creator_for_developing_QT_app
> > s_on_wandboard#Build_and_Deploy_application_in_QT_Creator
> [...]
>
> > 2)The second error is that even a simple default Qt console app program
> > is generating the ld error as follows.But native compiled version gives
> > a success.
>
> [...]
>
> > collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make: *** [untitled6] Error 1
> > 17:40:35: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
> > Error while building/deploying project untitled6 (kit: i.mx6)
> > When executing step 'Make'
> > 17:40:35: Elapsed time: 00:01.
>
> You might be better off pointing your linker to your sysroot instead of
> the Yocto managed Qt build directory, aren't all your libs inside your
> sysroot? You can check for that with this command:
> $ find
> /home/minda/bin/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/sysroots/wandboard-solo
> -name libicui18n.so.51 -o -name libz.so.1
>
> What I don't understand in your case, is why the documentation tells you
> that you need meta-qt5 on one hand, and then tells you to manually
> cross-compile Qt5 just to setup QtCreator? According to your logs, you
> seem to use the yocto one anyway.

and mixing those two might not work anyway .. if you set --sysroot you can't
have another Qt version already installed "there"
(mixed headers => wrong symbols)

Also, if you want to use the meta-qt5 version you have to go the sdk (e.g.
meta-toolchain-qt5) way, because it won't be that easy to use the
tmp/......./qmake without some/a lot manually tweaking.