[Development] Requires Analyse: QML Profiler (External) Support

Bijo Varghese bijo.varghese at wipro.com
Tue Jul 29 12:35:27 CEST 2014

Hi,

We would like to profile our qml application on a WinEC7 device.
Is there a way to do it?

Our problem: We are not able to connect to device.
The device is connected to the host via a network cable. Host & device ip
addresses are set correctly. we are able to ping each other. physical
connection is there correctly.

We have also setup the port
We are running our qml application on target device with the command
$prompt> app_name -qmljsdebugger=port:3768,block
the app waits for a connection request from host.

On host we use Qt Creator.
I qtcreator we need to select a kit for remote profiling. Usually this kit
should be our qt-wince kit. To configure the wince kit on qtcreator we
need to select a device type. default type is be Desktop. There is no
option for any wince device (but it has types for Android, Linux, QNX, and
Blackberry). Because of this we are not able to set an ip address and
connect to WinEC7 device.

Any info on how to do this?

Thanks in advance. Help will be appreciated.