[Development] Request for sandbox area: QQSM

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Mon Jun 2 11:23:16 CEST 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 10:14:34PM +0000, Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) wrote:
> I'd like to officially request a sandbox for: QQSM

this sounds wrong to me. why would you need a "sandbox", i.e., something
isolated, when it's pretty clear that this is one of the key missing
features of qml/quick? you should aim at bringing this into the
qtdeclarative repository, possibly directly into one of the existing
modules. all the "sandboxing" you need is the review (series) you will
create on gerrit anyway.

if you just want a public repo for sharing for the time being, you can
use a clone on gitorious or github, or you could use our own personal
namespaces per
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2013-February/009919.html

> I'd like to officially request a sandbox for: Replicant

sounds ok to me, though i wonder whether naming the technology as a
whole "replicant" is such a good idea, given the strong connotation with
android. maybe something more "task-oriented" like QtRpc would be a
better idea.