[Development] Enginio build artifacts and naming conventions

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Wed Jun 4 11:00:15 CEST 2014

On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:08:12 Thiago Macieira wrote:

> > The library filenames for Enginio do not have a version in their basename
> > at  all, as was discussed and actioned for all modules before Qt 5.0. Is
> > that a mistake, or is this stuff a free-for-all for all new modules?
>
> The source version number is only required once you break source
> compatibility, so it's technically not required now.

The '5' makes sense because it is 'part of Qt5'. It is part of the
distribution.

> However, I question why we have a Qt module that doesn't have "Qt" in the
> name.

So far, we know it is deliberate. We don't know if it was a mistake, and we
don't know if naming things is a free-for-all.

Lars: Can you answer? Is there a way to name include directories and libraries
or is it a free-for-all? Can future modules be expected to follow any naming
conventions, or is it expected that they can be named anything?

Thanks,

--
Join us at Qt Developer Days 2014 in Berlin! - https://devdays.kdab.com

Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer