[Development] Enginio build artifacts and naming conventions

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Thu Jun 5 10:34:56 CEST 2014

On Wednesday, June 04, 2014 23:59:47 André Pönitz wrote:
> thanks to must-have features like "binary
> compatibility" (in the notable absence of any promise of behavioural
> compatibility) it's close to impossible to change a name, or even get it
> _out_ again.

As I wrote before, this Enginio situation can be fixed.

A new release can be made with a new major version number and with the correct
include directory name, library name and SONAME.

That is a lucky consequence of the choice to use a disparate version scheme
for it.

Thanks,

--
Join us at Qt Developer Days 2014 in Berlin! - https://devdays.kdab.com