[Development] [HEADS UP] new branching scheme: 5.3 branches created, stable deprecated

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jun 6 08:19:27 CEST 2014

Em sex 06 jun 2014, às 13:50:07, Yuchen Deng escreveu:
> The people know the 'release' & 'stable' branch for a long time TOO.
> but it will gone for soon. right?

They will be gone not because they are confusing and people didn't know what
they mean. They are being replaced so that we have a different workflow that
should make the lives of people doing feature freezes and branching easier.

None of the workflow changes when it comes to the branch containing the next
version.

> so, Why 'release' & 'stable' need to gone because some reasons, but 'dev'
> does not? and we have a reason: better understand for many people will
> touch Qt in future.

That's not the reason. See above.

> If we need to change the branching scheme, we should change all of them.

That's a poor argument.