[Development] [HEADS UP] new branching scheme: 5.3 branches created, stable deprecated

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Fri Jun 6 12:23:07 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 11:38:34AM +0200, Kurt Pattyn wrote:
> Just for clarity:
> * Is the release branch gone for developers?

it's gone for everyone. it has been deleted.
the next release branch will be 5.3.1, and you will push for it if you
have critical changes for that release. just as before.

> * And is there only one dev branch? Suppose 5.4 is in the make and meanwhile a 5.3.x patch release is being worked upon,
> where will the dev branch end up? Or should we just push our patches to the 5.3.x in that case?

uhm ... huh?

i'm amazed by what twisted ideas people come up, given that we are
switching to a branching model which almost every other project on the
planet uses, including qt creator ...

now on to hacking the wiki ...