[Development] Qt for NaCl port

Daiwei Li daiweili at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 06:33:44 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm investigating porting an existing C++/QML application to Google
NaCl, and I found that Qt had attempted a port a couple years ago:
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_for_Google_Native_Client. From what I've
found online, it looks like it's unsupported and no longer works with
the latest Qt and NaCl toolchain. Does anyone know the history of this
project and why it was abandoned? If I can revive the port to work
with the latest NaCl toolchain, is that something that could be
considered for upstreaming?

I'm currently only looking into porting what's necessary for getting
the QML engine/renderer running. Can anyone familiar with NaCl think
of any showstoppers for this subset of Qt functionality? It looks like
NaCl has an implementation of OpenGLES2, and worst case, if it doesn't
support JIT, V4 has an interpreter option.

Does anyone have experience with the Qt for NaCl project? Any
tips/advice/considerations on attempting such a port?

I sent a similar e-mail to interest a while ago and got a response
about QmlWeb. While it looks interesting, it unfortunately won't work
with C++ QObjects.

Thanks,
Daiwei