[Development] QtCS2014 - Expiring bug reports

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Jun 15 02:40:41 CEST 2014

We had a session on expiring bug reports again.

Here are my notes:

* Bug database is cluttered with old stuff
* Only triagers and devs can re-open bugs
** Normal people can only clone bugs

* Process:
** For *Unassigned* bugs that are 1 year old or more, post a nice comment
saying we're sorry we didn't get to it and ask for re-confirmation
** Move the bug to Need More Info state
** Send a list of bugs that changed state sorted by priority (especially P0-
P2)
** Every month, expire Need More Info bugs that are 3 months old
** For the first time, we'll start with longer periods, then shorten to the
numbers above

* Assignment process:
** Assignee is the person who is going to do the work, conceivably in the near
future
** If you're not going to do work, unassign, *but keep watching*
** All bugs need to have at least one watcher
** All components must have a default assignee, who triages

* This applies to Qt only, not Creator

* This applies only to Bugs, not Tasks or Suggestions

Link:
http://qt-project.org/groups/qt-contributors-summit-2014/wiki/Expiring_Bugs