[Development] QtCS2014 - Long-term releases

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Jun 15 05:13:17 CEST 2014

Em sáb 14 jun 2014, às 23:17:33, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer escreveu:
> On Saturday 14 June 2014 17:55:49 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > * First LTS release should be either 5.3 or 5.4
> > ** Digia wants to do a business check first and will let us know
> > ** 5.3 is a good candidate because we focused on stability
>
> Well, with my "Qt's Debian maintainer" hat, 5.3 would indeed suit us
> perfectly as LTS because I don't think 5.4.1 will be on time for the
> Jessie's freeze.
>
> Of course I'm not saying that this is what should be done, I'm just noting
> that it would be a very nice coincidence :)

That reminds me of part of the conversation in the room:

we want help from the distribution packagers. Both Jolla and Canonical people
were in the room and reported they have quite a few patches applied to old
releases, most of them backports from later versions. We'd like packagers to
help us with patches that they need applied and also with testing.

As for sync'ing up with distros, we will probably have a problem because no
schedule will line up. And, in any case, with a support plan of 18-24 months,
it's way too short for Debian.