[Development] Any way to mark reviews as "read" in the new Gerrit?

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Fri Jun 27 11:53:58 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 04:34:39PM -0700, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> The new one appears to[*] mark with bold anything that has had comments since
> the last time you commented or voted on. While that's nice to remind people to
> read, there's no way to mark it as read, short of posting a comment. I don't
> want to start posting useless comments just to un-bold stuff. What's more, the
> entries are sorted by last activity, so all the bolds float to the top.
>
> Is there any way?

apparently not.
http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2390

other than that, you need to rely on the notification mails.
i tried to reduce the flood somewhat by denying the bots (including CI)
the right to mail reviewers, so only the owner now gets the emails.
on the downside, you now need to pay more attention in case you adopt a
change from someone else, as you are still a reviewer as far as gerrit
is concerned ...