[Development] Proposal: All Qt modules must use the same version number

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Jun 28 02:18:58 CEST 2014

Em sex 27 jun 2014, às 22:57:09, Giuseppe D'Angelo escreveu:
> On 27 June 2014 22:10, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> > Sounds like a good compromise to me.
> >
> > If a module wants to release out-of-schedule, it will need to use an extra
> > version number, like 5.4.0.1.
>
> The problem with such scheme is that it doesn't make it obvious that
> there might be a huge difference between the 5.4.0 and 5.4.0.1
> releases.
> Maybe reverse it? As in 1.0.0.540 and 2.0.0.540.

There shouldn't be a huge difference. If your release happened in-between Qt
patch releases -- which are coming about one or two months apart -- did you
really get that much done?

Of course, you may want to completely decouple your release schedule from the
rest of Qt's to the point where you merge in new features while the rest is
working on maintenance only.

The numbering scheme that André and Kai proposed preclude that.