[Development] Branches and time based releases

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Sat Mar 1 12:05:48 CET 2014

Hi Uwe,

Intention is that users could easier than before move to new minor releases. With Qt 4.x it has sometimes been hard for users to migrate to newer ones. We are still quite early with Qt 5 to know if this works.

I fully agree that we should do more patch releases than we have done so far. Especially with Qt 5.1 having one more patch would have been great, but we had to skip it in favor of Qt 5.2 due to the introduction of mobile ports. And for Qt 5.2.1 the need is less since Qt 5.3 comes so soon.

I am quite sure Qt 5.3 will have more than one patch release.

Yours,

--
Tuukka