[Development] Fwd: Qt open source license in product

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Wed Mar 5 14:23:39 CET 2014

On 05/03/14 11:19, "Tomasz Siekierda" <sierdzio at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 5 March 2014 10:13, Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy
><Ramakanthreddy.Kesireddy at techmahindra.com> wrote:
>> I have read something like below:
>>
>> Applications using Qt that use the open-source licenses need to follow
>>the
>> same license, so their source would need to be made available.
>>
>> We are using Qt Open source license under LGPL v2.1 + execption.
>>

>> Do we need to make our application source code available in this regard?
>
>No.

You will find some information about licensing from
http://qt-project.org/legal.html

Whether or not you need to distribute the source code of your application
as well as many other requirements depend on what you do and how you use
Qt.

If you are making a closed source product it is always recommended to
perform full legal analysis to understand the needs.

Yours,

		Tuukka