[Development] QPA / QWindow / QPainter

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Fri Mar 7 22:41:35 CET 2014

I'm implementing a QPA plugin (now with 5.3 snapshot) and there's something I do not understand:
When I use native widgets, every widget creates a QPlatformWindow, but only a toplevel window
creates a QPlatformBackingStore, which is the class which delivers the paintDevice implementation.

Question: when a QWidget now creates a QPainter on it, how does my QPA plugin know onto which QWindow
it is currently acting, when there's only one paintDevice/one backing store ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                                   - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.bibibest.at