[Development] FTP in Qt5

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Mar 8 18:11:09 CET 2014

Em sáb 08 mar 2014, às 08:31:19, Tom Isaacson escreveu:
> > There are no plans. FTP is really low-priority these days.
>
> Well we're still using it. Plus I said resume functionality for HTTP and FTP
> - I still think resume is an important part of any downloader so you don't
> end up having to download the same data. Is there no interest in this?

Interest, yes. But it's a low-priority because QFtp can't resume. You can't
send a command that might fail because QFtp will abort the connection.

In order to support resuming file transfers, supporting IPv6, not to mention
directory listing, we'd need to rewrite the backend from scratch. That's the
low priority. Don't expect it to happen, at all.