[Development] About ALIAS in Q_PROPERTY

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Tue Mar 11 09:59:51 CET 2014

Svetkin Mikhail schreef op 11-3-2014 04:12:
> Explain:
> I was creating custom widgets with the help of Qt-designer.
> And I have noticed I have to duplicate my code, if I want to edit
> properties of the widget in qt-designer property editor.
> Simple Example:

I'm not a fan. You end up with a QProperty, but without actual accessor
functions to call. I also think that's what's wrong with the MEMBER
version we have now too, by the way. Also, the need to call
initAliasNotify doesn't appeal to me. What's the benefit over making the
connect between the two signals myself?

André