[Development] Problem with QOpenGLContext?

Kurt Pattyn pattyn.kurt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 11:28:29 CET 2014

Hi,

as I understand correctly the ‘old’ QGLxxx classes will be replaced by new QOpenGLxxx classes.
I tried the following code below, and found out that QGLContext is correctly setting the color depth,
while QOpenGLContext always defaults to 8.

    QSurfaceFormat ogfrmt;
    ogfrmt.setRedBufferSize(6);
    ogfrmt.setGreenBufferSize(6);
    ogfrmt.setBlueBufferSize(6);
    QOpenGLContext *oglc = new QOpenGLContext;
    oglc->setFormat(ogfrmt);
    oglc->create();
    qDebug() << "QOpenGLContext red buffer size:" << oglc->format().redBufferSize();

    QGLFormat gfrmt;
    gfrmt.setRedBufferSize(6);
    gfrmt.setBlueBufferSize(6);
    gfrmt.setGreenBufferSize(6);
    QGLContext *glc = new QGLContext(gfrmt);
    glc->create();
    qDebug() << "QGLContext red buffer size:" << glc->format().redBufferSize();

Is this a known bug, or is the above code simply wrong?

Cheers,

Kurt