[Development] [QtContacts] Add a new contact Type

Renato Araujo renatox at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 22:44:30 CET 2014

Hi guys,

Today in QtContacts we can define a contact type using the enum
QContactType::TypeValues  which have the values { TypeContact, TypeGroup },
this allow us to create/edit/list groups using the same functions used by
the contacts.
But I am missing a way to retrieve the available contacts address books,
because of that I would like to propose to create a new contact type which
ca be "TypeSyncTarget" this could be used to retrieve/edit/update "address
books"  and could be set as value for
QContactSyncTarget.

What do you think about that? Is that a valid solution?

Thanks
Renato Araujo Oliveira Filho