[Development] Installing Qt as shared assemblies on Windows

Gil Moses gil at waves.com
Mon Mar 17 17:01:27 CET 2014

Hi,
On Windows, we need to deploy several applications residing in various directories, and would like them all to share the same set of Qt libraries (weighing about 40MB). Currently we have to copy the full set into every app directory for them to launch correctly.

The only way I could find was to create a Windows "shared assembly" in the winsxs folder and have all of my apps point there.
Is there any gained knowledge or walkthrough on how this could be done? Do you know of anyone who tried it?

Thanks,
Gil.