[Development] QT through DirectFB on Video playback

Poornima Belavanaki poori14apr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 14:22:51 CET 2014

Hi ,

We are developing Qt apps on embedded device. We are using DirectFB as
windowing system .

We have cross-compiled and developed few basic QT apps, which are working.
Now, we want to get the qt apps on Video window through DirectFB.
Basically, want to create directfb surface using QT app on Video playback
as ours would be a Single application.

How can we get QT apps running on Video playback through DirectFB? Our SoC
vendor has given a sample tool to start Video playback through DirectFB.

Hope the problem is clear. If not, please let me know, will try to provide
more details.

Thanks and Regards,
Poornima