[Development] QtLocation in Qt5

Blasche Alexander Alexander.Blasche at digia.com
Mon Mar 24 11:31:02 CET 2014

Hi,

It is possible to display maps in QtLocation 5.2 and 5.3. I would recommend 5.3 though as it has a lot more fixes. There isn't much of a feature difference between the two versions of QtLocation.

You have to use QML for the map logic. There is no equivalent C++ API at this stage. The reason is the shift away from GraphicsView in QtMobility to Qt3D/QML/Declarative in Qt 5.x.

However I would like to point out that the QtLocation API is not yet released. The main reason for the delay are some missing architectural changes (removal of Qt3D). On the positive side, the QML API for QtLocation 5.3  will commit on its API (despite the missing release). That's another reason why I'd recommend 5.3.

The most likely official release target is going to be Qt 5.4 considering that Gunnar just wrote a patch removing Qt3D.

--
Alex