[Development] QtLocation in Qt5

Kate Alhola kate.alhola at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 12:59:07 CET 2014

I ended up to porting Qt4.8 location maps to Qt5.3. There was also one
other major issue in Qml side. I Use Qml UI but In my application data was
produced by C++ code and there least was no way to pass C++ map objects to
Qml commponent because there was separate QGeoMapObject atc and
QDeclarative equivalents without either conversion functions between them
or creating qdeclalarativenmap items was not possible in C++ code.

I really hope that when new map code is ready, you could use C++ created
data on Qml maps.

Kate