[Development] `/opt/qt5/bin/qdoc: not found` with `-prefix /opt/qt5` config

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu May 15 05:25:12 CEST 2014

Em qua 14 maio 2014, às 20:17:34, Thiago Macieira escreveu:
> Em sex 09 maio 2014, às 16:53:20, Yuchen Deng escreveu:
> > If I have to do `make install` first, then I can't use `make install
> > INSTALL_ROOT=$PWD/qt` anymore.
> > It's means INSTALL_ROOT does not support for this case?
> >
> > make install_docs INSTALL_ROOT=$PWD/qt >>install.log 2>&1

> > > make install; make docs; make install_docs
>
> By the way, if you're building packages, you should use the split sources
> and then this just becomes a dependency cycle.
>
> You need to have Qt 5 installed in order to build Qt 5 docs. That is, qdoc
> must exist at the time you're building qtbase.

Hmm... that's probably easily fixable by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the not-
yet-installed qdoc when building qtbase docs.... which it already does.

For all of the other modules, just install the qtbase package and, therefore,
$prefix/bin/qdoc will exist.

The above is valid for html_docs. In order to build the qch_docs, qttools must
have already been built. That creates a build cycle dependency.  I guess Linux
distributions that will rebuild documentation will simply skip the .qch files.