[Development] Qmake Ninja generator

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Tue May 20 09:08:00 CEST 2014

Thiago Macieira schreef op 19-5-2014 18:20:
>>> I wonder if can CMake build Qt SDK itself?
>>>
>>> It is somehow parallel to Qmake, isn't it. If so, would it make sense to
>>> make Qt to depreciate Qmake at some point in favor of CMake?
>> The discussion on CMake has been done before I think... I don't think Qt
>> will switch to CMake, seeing that effort is being spend to develop QBS.
> There was no decision either way.
>
> The only thing that happened is that everyone stopped trying to port Qt's own
> buildsystem to anything besides qmake.

I didn't mean to sugggest there was any kind or conclusion or decision
made, nor to express any personal preference on the matter. I do by no
means presume to speak for the Qt project anywhere, let alone here :-) I
was just giving an observation that a) the discussion has been done
before, and b) work is being done on QBS, and added to that my own
expectation that, based on these observations, I think a switch to CMake
will not happen. I apologize if that was unclear.

André