[Development] Request for sandbox area: QQSM

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat May 31 01:18:01 CEST 2014

Em sex 30 maio 2014, às 22:14:34, Stottlemyer, Brett escreveu:
> While QML already has a State type, this is not a complete, deterministic
> state machine.  This is an overly simplified state machine, in that it
> provides little in terms of error checking or nested states.
>
> The proposed QQSM module, on the other hand, provides BasicState (to not
> conflict with existing State type), HistoryState and FinalState, plus
> StateMachine, SignalTransition and TimeoutTransition types.  The benefit of
> QML for State Machines is much more than just having to write less code,
> though.  Two features of the QML engine are runtime processing of scripted
> code, and dynamic Signal/Slot connections.  Since all SignalTransition
> classes provide a boolean result for eventTest(), a single C++
> implementation was created that uses a boolean property ("guard") for the
> eventTest result.  This allows any QML/Javascript expression that resolves
> to a boolean to be used.  The dynamic connections make is easy to bind
> onEntry and onExit signals to non-state machine QObjects.

Hello Brett

Welcome to the community. I just have a question: does QQSM build on top of
the QStateMachine framework, or does it replace completely? If the latter, is
there any plan to integrate them again?

Note that QStateMachine is more or less orphan in QtCore, so if you want to
drive its future development, you're more than welcome to.

In any case, I support this request for the playground.

I'll see you in two weeks.