[Development] Request for sandbox area: QQSM

Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) bstottle at ford.com
Sat May 31 02:08:55 CEST 2014

> Welcome to the community.

Thanks!

> I just have a question: does QQSM build on top of the QStateMachine framework, or does it replace completely?
> If the latter, is there any plan to integrate them again?

Hi Thiago.  Sorry I wasn't clear.  This uses the QStateMachine framework directly.

Hopefully this helps get more usage of QSM, as I think it has a lot of merit.  There are a LOT of problems that state machines simplify, but there seems to be a huge learning curve.  You struggle, struggle some more, then it clicks.  I think the elegance of state machines is lost by the standard ways of coding (or visualizing, but that is another story) state machines.  I think QQSM helps.  I hope so.

Brett