[Development] [Releasing] HEADS UP: Qt5.4.0 branching Monday 10th Nov

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at theqtcompany.com
Tue Nov 4 14:58:24 CET 2014

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 12:46:04PM +0000, Heikkinen Jani wrote:
> '5.4.0' branch is for changes targeted to Qt5.4.0 release. As I wrote,
> no any nice to have's in '5.4.0'!

this isn't correct (yet). while the branch already exists and is
targeting 5.4.0 (obviously), it is *not* frozen yet (otherwise we'd have
inadvertently rescheduled the freeze. also, it logically makes no sense:
5.4 is not frozen, and we are still going to downmerge from it). the
freeze will take effect on the announced date.

the staging policy is open for discussion. in principle i have nothing
against RM doing it (having "CI masters" drive the process generally
produces a smoother experience for everyone), but otoh it is a manpower
problem (after all, we can't afford it for dev, either). i'd suggest we
leave staging entirely open until at least friday.