[Development] VideoOutput documentation lack about platform specific differences

Yoann Lopes yoann.lopes at digia.com
Tue Nov 11 12:04:41 CET 2014

On 11/11/14 11:37, Gianluca wrote:
> The page doesn’t help me to get the answer.
> I don’t know anything about the backends and what the content of the
> table is referring to.
>
> From the table, where can I get the information if VideoOutput Quick
> item use QVideoRendererControl or QVideoWindowControl on iOS platform ?
Since QVideoRendererControl is not supported on iOS, it falls back to
QVideoWindowControl. Currently, it's the only backend that does that.
All the others support QVideoRendererControl.
> And also, how can I get the table for a different version of Qt ?
> I suggest to put that information into the Qt Documentation included
> into the package and make it accessibile from Qt Assistant. Otherwise,
> it’s impossible to know what it’s supported on the Qt version in use.

Yes, the documentation should contain much more information about
platform-specific limitations or behaviors and more generally what's
supported on each platform. It's planned, and it will be there in a
future version.

--
Yoann