[Development] Rich Text Editor using QML

Yann Levreau yann.levreau at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 10:06:32 CET 2014

Hi everybody!

I am starting a new project and I am looking for some advice about what
kind of Qt/QML controls I should use.
The purpose is to develop an rich text editor using QML. Basically I am
going to develop IDE features.
Until now I have tried the TextArea QML Control. Using this control I get a

QQuickTextDocument and QTextDocument on the C++ side.

 Am I in the right direction ? Is there any limitations using this control
that I should know ?
Or maybe there is better way to implement this (using QWebView or a simple
QTextEdit, ... ).

Thanks a lot !