[Development] Rich Text Editor using QML

Michael Zanetti michael.zanetti at canonical.com
Fri Nov 14 10:21:39 CET 2014

Hi,

I've been working on that last week for an Evernote client for Ubuntu
Phone. Seems to work reasonably well.

Here's the diff of just the edit mode:
https://code.launchpad.net/~mzanetti/reminders-app/new-edit-mode/+merge/241226

Here's the complete app code:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~reminders-app-dev/reminders-app/trunk/files

Note that the edit mode in here is not 100% complete yet (doesn't
support complex formatting yet - you'll understand what that is while
working on it or reading the review comments) but I'm confident it can
be achieved nicely this way. Here's a screenshot of what it can do so
far: http://i.imgur.com/dejnDU7.png

Long story, short, yes, you are in the right direction, at least I
solved it the same way.

Hope this helps,
Michael