[Development] The dark side of QtMultimedia

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Mon Nov 17 09:43:33 CET 2014

Thiago Macieira schreef op 17-11-2014 01:48:
> Why do you want to render video non-fullscreen anyway on a device with
> a small screen? Once the user clicks the play button, go to full
> screen with rotation support.
What a short-sighted comment. I really respect you, but this comment
really misses the mark I think. Not every iOS device is a phone, and
even these can get rather large these days. And don't you need to render
controls? You don't think rendering video's embedded in a larger
application is ever needed in for example a simple video editor (for
which a device like the iPad Air 2 is perfectly suitable in terms of
processing power)?

IMHO, it is not up for framework developers to decide that user won't
need this kind of capability. It does need to be there, so application
developers can be creative in how they use video playback.

André