[Development] The dark side of QtMultimedia

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Mon Nov 17 15:59:50 CET 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 9:43 AM, André Somers <andre at familiesomers.nl>
wrote:

IMHO, it is not up for framework developers to decide that user won't
> need this kind of capability. It does need to be there, so application
> developers can be creative in how they use video playback.

Indeed.

In fact, I am about to start development of a cross-platform application
(Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, Windows Phone). Showing a preview video in a
quarter-of-a-screen window is one of the fundamental requirements of the
app due to its nature.

I had considered Qt and Xamarin and bugs like this make me think if I
should change the team I selected and go for Xamarin instead :-/

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org