[Development] The dark side of QtMultimedia

Dominik Holland dominik.holland at pelagicore.com
Tue Nov 18 09:48:16 CET 2014

On 11/18/2014 09:43 AM, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Monday 17 November 2014, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> QtWebKit is under our control, so we should be able to control whether it
>> links to the same version or a different one.
>>
> QtWebKit builds with both 0.10 and 1.x, but prefers 1.x if dev files for both
> are present.
>
> Btw. I hope we merge the gstreamer-1.0 branch of qtmultimedia to dev soon. It
> seems to work, but it would be great to have in branch as long as possible to
> people have a chance of catching breakage.

As QtMutlimedia is built using plugins, couldn't we support both version
for the next couple of years ?
I know it's a burden to maintain, but it would be great if you have the
chance to use the gst-0.1 plugin if needed.

Especially for embedded boards where the most hardware accelerated
gstreamer plugins are still provided for gst-0.1 only

Dominik